Human resource or manager question?

I have been at this current job for about 3 years now and never ever have I been in trouble with HR, so recently I was accused of yelling at another coworker in the break room and telling her how she is not doing her job. So without ever talking to me first my manager went to HR and asked them to have a meeting with me in regards to this situation. Honest to God I didn't think it was a big deal there was arguing I can tell you that but it was both ways not just me. So I was caught of guard by my manager who never got my side of the story before going to HR with a complain from the other employee . They claimed there was multiple people who heard the conversation yet there are no names, and she doesn't want me to talk about it with anyone else at work.

Please give me your honest opinion , no games please this is real life, I need as much advice as I possible can get from someone who has experience with this stuff. thank you

It is simple. You are in a panic because you have never had this situation happen before. You Manager did the right thing in asking HR to handle it. You should not talk to others about this, it is a personal issue. If there was anyone besides you two who heard the conversation made a list of them. The best think to do in this sort of situation is to walk away and if you have a complaint about another employee talk to your manager.

Source(s): Labor Relations Representative at one time
    • Jamie9 months agoReport

Great advice thank you very much.

Sigh... I can give you an answer, but it's not what you want to hear, so feel free to hit that thumbs down...

I am a manager of four years. Before that, I was a supervisor of over a decade. Let me be very, very clear in stating that it is not my job to monitor my employees like they are children in grade school, settling their squabbles. My job is to manage their activities in direct relation to the job we pay them to do. When employees fight or otherwise act outside of appropriate workplace behavior, then I refer them to HR.

• Jamie9 months agoReport

Thank you, I like when people are honest , not sugarcoat everything. I honestly needed to hear this, see I am not perfect and I probably did yell but honest to God I don't recall yelling, I thought we were having a conversation we normally do.. thank you very much, thumbs up definitely not down