What is one deliberate lie you told your parents about a serious matter?

I rarely ever lied to my parents. I think the biggest one would be when I was 15 I got home late from my ex boyfriend's house and i went straight down stairs in the rec room where I always hung out and avoided my parents. (I snuck in through the side door where the stairs to the basement were). And I was sooo stoned. I smoked pot with my boyfriend. My parents smoke pot too, but they didn't know I started smoking it too. So anyway, I was stoned, my eyes were red and squinty and I was all giddy (easy bake oven at the time lol) I went on MSN and forgot to turn off my speakers.🤦‍♀️My boyfriend messaged me and it made that ding sound to notify me. My mom obviously heard it and came down to ***** at me for coming home late. Then she saw me and was like are you high?? I'm like no, I'm just really really tired. She didn't say anything, but I don't think she believed me. But she did ***** at me for coming home late and told me to go to bed. I guess that was my biggest lie. 🤷‍♀️

• sarah

It wasn't me, I didn't do it.