Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 9 months ago

Should I think about buying new pointe shoes?

These are my second pair, my first were grishko 2007 (which I had to replace before they died as I couldn’t break them in and didn’t work for me) . This pat are Russian pointe MF shank. They are broken in and have moulded to my foot but when I’m doing exercises at the bar and when I’m really working my foot I’m beginning to push over the front of the box (so the back of the platform isn’t on the floor). They don’t feel dead but I don’t want to be going to far over the box. Should I buy new ones or keep these for a while longer?

• drip

How long do you keep the same pair of pointe shoes? You do need to replace them often.

Your teacher should be able to help you.

This is something you need to discuss with your teacher. It could be the wrong shoe for you. They may be done as there are many ways for pointe shoes to die or it may be your form.