Why are people confused about the Americas? The ununited states of America and the united States of America.?

The government has you referring to the UNITED STATES and it is the united States of America... as opposed to the ununited states of the Americas.

The word America is not limited to the united States of America.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

The only people confused about this are US citizens. Every African, Asian and European can tell you that a Peruvian, a Jamaican and a US citizen are all "American". But in fairness we didn't give ourselves this name. This is something the Brits did during WWII...not sure where that left their Canadian allies.

• Elyse Rose
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

I'm referring to ''united'' as opposed to the ununited American states. and thank you for your comment.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

No other nation is named America, there's Canada, Mexico, Peru, Panama etc,etc,etc.

• Elyse Rose
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

and they are the ununited states of America. That is what the difference is. If we allow our states to break away we will be just like Europe.. and we don't want to slip that far away from our ethics.

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

I'm pretty sure this horse was beaten to death at least 20 years ago.

• Elyse Rose
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

No. That was a horse with no name.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Try teaching Americans that.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

I'm well aware that the politically correct, social justice warriors find offense in referring to the USA as "America"...

Which is why I refuse to stop referring to the USA as "America".

😂 😘 👌 Lolz

• Rick
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Like I've said before, IF you don't like it, Skippy, LEAVE .............................

TRUMP 2020 !!

• Elyse Rose
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Did I mention even one thing about not liking it? You are off your meds,,, again.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.