Why are people confused about the Americas? The ununited states of America and the united States of America.?

The government has you referring to the UNITED STATES and it is the united States of America... as opposed to the ununited states of the Americas.

The word America is not limited to the united States of America.

The only people confused about this are US citizens. Every African, Asian and European can tell you that a Peruvian, a Jamaican and a US citizen are all "American". But in fairness we didn't give ourselves this name. This is something the Brits did during WWII...not sure where that left their Canadian allies.

• Elyse Rose

I'm referring to ''united'' as opposed to the ununited American states. and thank you for your comment.

No other nation is named America, there's Canada, Mexico, Peru, Panama etc,etc,etc.

• Elyse Rose

and they are the ununited states of America. That is what the difference is. If we allow our states to break away we will be just like Europe.. and we don't want to slip that far away from our ethics.

• Jeff D

I'm pretty sure this horse was beaten to death at least 20 years ago.

• Elyse Rose

No. That was a horse with no name.

• Clive

Try teaching Americans that.

I'm well aware that the politically correct, social justice warriors find offense in referring to the USA as "America"...

Which is why I refuse to stop referring to the USA as "America".

😂 😘 👌 Lolz

• Rick

Like I've said before, IF you don't like it, Skippy, LEAVE .............................

TRUMP 2020 !!

• Elyse Rose

Did I mention even one thing about not liking it? You are off your meds,,, again.