Why was I stared at by my classmates at a McDonalds?

I remember in Senior Year of high school - one night, I went to a McDonalds to order a takeaway.

When I got there, there was a birthday party. The birthday person was infact a girl from my year level, and her friends are family were there. They were all standing at the front counter. Half the friends I also recognised from school, the other half were unknown to me.

The classmates didn't know I was there. Until when I got my takeaway from the counter, I turned around to leave and facing them. They all suddenly stopped talking and froze.

Even as I walked pass them, they were silent.

I actually didn't think about it at all, but looking back, I did feel a bit uncomfortable that they all stopped talking and what they were doing because they saw me.

Were they just surprised to see me?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

Jeeze. Kids are weird in Australia. There is no way in hell an American high school senior would celebrate their birthday in a damn McDonald's. At that age, your classmates were old enough to know that, and they were probably just embarrassed that you caught them there with their party hats on & happy meals in hand. So they starred at you hoping you wouldn't go back to school blab. And here you are, years later, telling the whole world.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 10 months ago

You walked pass them? They were stunned that a journalism student couldn't spell 'past', most likely. I would be too.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Millennials.........😐

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.