Is The Smugness Warranted?

I came across a blog where a physicist was making it clear why telekinesis was "impossible" as if the only four known forces are the only ones there are and will *always* be the only four... I thought physicists learned to never use that word, but 28 people agreed with the schmuck with the same kind... show more I came across a blog where a physicist was making it clear why telekinesis was "impossible" as if the only four known forces are the only ones there are and will *always* be the only four...

I thought physicists learned to never use that word, but 28 people agreed with the schmuck with the same kind smugness primitives used in explaining why human sacrifice was absolutely necessary to please the gods so that the crops will grow... Don't they teach in physics courses how many times SCIENCE has been wrong when coming to absolutes-- trains will never get faster than 100 mph... Man will never fly... There's no such thing as continental drift... Washing your hands does not prevent infections from spreading... Yada, yada, yada.

When did science become religious dogma? Believe us because we are scientists? Let's say I don't believe in neutrinos... Never seen, heard, tasted, or smelled one. Except for textbooks, there's no reason to believe in them. How many scientists have ever seen a neutrino? As opposed to the many thousands, maybe even millions of people who have seen ghosts throughout history. Why should we believe what science says and not the accounts of a thousand, thousand people? That smugness don't seem right...
Update: Science has only been around about 350 years and the assumption that there are only four fundamental forces in the universe is not only short-sighted but also stupid. Think about this folks: before Marconi and Tesla invented radio, did radio waves exist? Yes, of course they did. For those a bit dense, my point is... show more Science has only been around about 350 years and the assumption that there are only four fundamental forces in the universe is not only short-sighted but also stupid. Think about this folks: before Marconi and Tesla invented radio, did radio waves exist? Yes, of course they did. For those a bit dense, my point is that just because you can't detect a force or an energy (like psi) it doesn't mean that force isn't there. Psi phenomena are real too, and they can be proved easier than dark matter.