Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 9 months ago

If you were president, how would you handle illegal immigrants?

• Thomas

If they are good and moral, then just fine them and when they pay give them citizenship because it's not fair to the documented immigrants who came here first and waited long hours to do so. They must also be willing to help us with the economy and pay their taxes regularly.

BUT if they are deemed harmful for example if they were arrested for drug dealing or murder in their former countries, then deport them.

I would allow free flow like in Europe but only citizens would get social programs, benefits and jobs over minimum wage .

I don t have any problems with immigrants, however they should do it legally like everyone else. If they re illegal then, sorry ya know?

I would limit federal funding to citizens ONLY and end birthright then mass deport all illegals and anchor babies. I would probably keep those who truly work hard and do jobs no one else would do but they'd have to go through the legal process.

Hold them in a fenced in area with a concrete floor until I felt like letting them walk back to the holes they deserted to invade America. While being held, they would all be fingerprinted to ensure they are never allowed to return to America. Any who return would be imprisoned under the same conditions as criminals "back home". The countries these criminal migrants desert would receive NO aid from American taxpayers.

• humpty

First, I would admit that nine of ten illegals enter legally and do not leave. The number crossing our southern border is minimal, and building more wall will do nothing to stop the flood who are arriving to apply for refugee status.

I would put a deposit on every work visa, to be paid by the importing employer. If the worker does not return the corporation loses its deposit, which will be used to find and deport those illegal workers. I would put the deposit at a figure that encourages those corporations to care whether the workers return, which would also encourage those employers to hire Americans.

I would also require every university and college to inform immigration when a student fails to complete their education. Graduates would get green cards and failures get deported.

Finally, I would address the problem in Central America that created the refugee crisis: the United States of America.l I would admit that we are responsible for funding the terrorists who have destroyed previously stable governments, and I would stop doing it. I would address the issue of our former employees the Contras, who are still there, by providing funding and troops to wipe them out. I would use the troops currently in the Middle East to do so.

Once Central America is stable and the nations no longer have to fight our former employees to protect the public peace the flood of refugees will slow to a trickle.

That requires a long and detailed answer but to make it brief: I'd have our Immigration Laws enforced and changed or updated appropriately while keeping legal immigration levels about where they have been. I'd use a merit based system to invite new immigrants.

I'd treat "refugees properly. They are Not immigrants and should not be considered as immigrants, but they do deserve a hearing and proper protection.

I'd grant those appropriately defined as DACA protected a rapid path to citizenship. We paid for their housing, health care, education and provided subsidized food. Coming here so young they likely are more American than they are connected to their homeland. After making that huge investment in them it would be foolish to waste it by sending them elsewhere.

Seal the Border (providing open doors) and let all who seek to come here legally do so in a properly controlled and well documented lawful manner making sure they leave when their visas expire.

Set up a system that can manage short term guest workers.

That should cover most issues. the criminals and illegals should be prosecuted and appropriately dealt with so as to discourage such violations.

All others should be welcomed as our guests and treated decently.

• Sathi

I’d send them to California, which is already overrun by illegals. Might as well finish the job and make that state a complete train wreck. It’s going that direction anyway. Wall it off for good measure. We’ll provide relocation assistance to the sensible people who want out. It would be worth the economic hit to do all the above.

Zero Amesnty

No anchor babies

E verify mandatory

Sanctions on nation's those that push them across our border

Act Independent of Congress they can't do their job

Round Robin at the ICE facilities

Claymore Mines along the Southern border with armed drone's

Build the Wall

build a wall boot them out and tell them to come back LEGALLY

• Thomas

I see you're into enforcing the law huh? Do you drive under the speed limit? I didn't think so.