Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsHorses · 8 months ago

Which of these are correct? Please explain?

1.) Stupid people without knowledge about what they are talking about tend to judge things uncritically.

2.) Stupid people, without knowledge about what they are talking about tend to judge things uncritically.

3.) Stupid people, without knowledge about what they are talking about, tend to judge things uncritically.

I placed commas on 2 and 3.

• Snezzy

If I were to try to say something like that I would say, "Ignorant people tend to judge things uncritically." 

I would also probably say something about horses. "One can learn a lot by working with horses, and possibly even improve one's observation and judgment."

Correctness of grammar does not ensure comprehensible presentation of truth. 

You can punctuate that sentence to mean different things, and they would all be correct.

Can is used when you want to know about a person's ability to do something.

Could is used when you are requesting a person for something.

Correct: Can you run 100 metres in below 10 seconds?

Incorrect: Could you run 100 metres in below 10 seconds?

Correct: Could you please give me some privacy?

Incorrect: Can you please give me some privacy?

The sentences you have mentioned above are grammatically correct, but probably not in the way you think.

'Can you explain me?' indicates that you are asking if the second person has the ability to describe you (i.e. tell others about your personality).

1 and 3 are grammatically correct, but not factual.

2 is incorrect because commas between the subject and verb must come in pairs to set off the phrase.

What does this have to with Horses?

None of these sentences make sense. Just because somebody isn't knowledgeable about a certain subject doesn't make them stupid. Are you 12 years old?

it all sounds okay to me

• Snezzy

This answer is rnuch better than the point-seekers who post "I really don't know." And only that rnuch because "idk" is shorter than 15 characters. Answerer has also given up rnaking tagged answers by writing rn (RN) in place of "m" (M). Push onward and irnprove the future!