My friend is has been stuck at Army boot camp for 26 weeks.. is this legal?

So, I have a friend of mine who joined the Army, and went to boot camp March 13th, of 2019. He hasn't come back.

He's 21, and suffered a spinal cord injury 6 weeks into boot camp. He's been stuck there ever since. The thing is, he says even though he's still in recovery, he's still going through the motions of regular boot camp i.e. training, hard labor, stuff like that.

My only question is, if he's injured like that, shouldn't they have sent him home? Why keep him so long? It's going on the 27th week of him being there. I understand the Army takes care of his recovery, but it just seems so drastic to keep him there.

• 88

The fastest way out is to complete the training...

He is in the Army. He has a contract with them. He cannot just go home whenever he wants to. The Army is not a summer camp!

How long did he enlisted for?

• k w

he's in the hospital

dont sound right to me either

Releasing them without medical treatment would be illegal.

The thing is, he says even though he's still in recovery, he's still going through the motions of regular boot camp i.e. training, hard labor, stuff like that.

He is FLAT OUT LYING. I recommend contacting the recruiting office which will likely find out he NEVER enlisted.

That's what the doctors there decide. They don't have medical leave. They would send him home to stay.

When you are in the military it's all legal. You do what they tell you.

Two things come to mind. Well actually three things. Number one he was injured and they're waiting until he heals to discharge him. Number two he got in trouble and he's waiting for charges to be brought against him. Number three and the most likely is you're a lying troll.

• Lv 7

Something is not right with the story he is telling you or what you are telling us. A spinal injury would require traction and then Rehabilitation

Finding it extremely hard to believe your post. He was injured and is medically unfit to graduate from Basic, and yet they are forcing him to do all the activities with the other trainees? "Bull" as in "bull;" "Something else" as in "something else."

Are they still paying him, feeding him and giving him free medical care? And you think he should get these benefits while he sits at home...

• Rachel10 months agoReport

I don't think he should get the benefits. I just think they should discharge him so he can heal at home with his boys. Why would they spend money on him if he's injured? And why continue to make him participate with the other trainees? I just don't get it, but then again, I've never been to bootcamp

They get to keep him there until he completes the program.

• Rachel10 months agoReport

Really?! Like, they get to keep him the whole time until his injury heals? And then he just starts all over again??! Does he get a certain amount of time or tries before the Army is just like "Just go home. You're done"?