How to ground a 15 years old boy who doesn't follow any rules?

My son doesn't follow our rules. He misses curfews, ditches classes, uses cuss words, doesn't clean up after himself. I don't know how to ground him. I take away his phone privileges but he goes on his computer and checks the social media that way. When I disconnect the computer and internet he says he needs it for homework or he goes out of the house. One time I said if you go out I am not going to let you in, so he didn't come home and spent the night at a friend. Once I withheld his allowance, after a few days I noticed that he has put my credit cards on his phone and pays by apple pay. I had to cancel all my cards and now I have to hide my wallet. He is tall and strong boy and sometimes when I am mad and argue with him, he picks me up and walks around the house and laughs and try to mock me. I am a single mom and having a hard time dealing with his misbehavior. Any recommendations?

Sounds like his punk *** needs to be straightened out with a belt.

Cut off access to all money and lock the door so he can’t get in.

You have less than three years to go. Hang in there.  Cut off the cash.  Spend less time at home.  Everything he wants comes with a condition.  If he doesn't meet it, don't pay it. 

I doubt that it would be legal to lock him out of your/his home at fifteen. You could threaten him with Boot Camp or military school. It is hard for you - and don't worry about people who criticise you for poor parenting, they don't know your circumstances, and nobody is perfect! He does need to pull his weight if he is to continue as a part of your family and household, doesn't he. Ask him to treat you and your home with more respect and he will then get treated with more respect himself.

Read the parenting books! Especially perhaps “How to Talk so Kids will Listen and Listen so Kids will Talk” by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish.

Good Luck!

I would look into a scared straight program at local jails and police stations , because if he keeps growing up the way he is and acting the way he is that’s where he’s going to end up ‘in jail’ so better to show him what it’s like before that happens and it might scare him into being a better person .

If things are to out of control I would consider looking into group homes , Not necessarily to live but some have day programs that may help his situation and maybe some coinciding from a therapist ? For the both of you as a group there may be deeper rooted problems causing him to act this way .

take away everything he owns and dont let him go anwhere

Grounding needs to done through your electrical panel using 3 wires. An isolated ground circuit attached to a rod and make him hold it. He will be grounded.

You are welcome.

Start putting small amounts of antifreeze in his meals. Keep on poisoning him until he gets so sick he can barely get out of bed. Then stop and nurse him back to health. Once he starts feeling bettee, start adding more poison to his foods again. He will come to rely on you to take care of him as he will be weak. Then start training on how to be a good boy. If he uses the magic words (please & thankyou) reward him with drinks & soup. If he acts up, don't feed him. Put a lock on the refrigerator & lock all the food up so he can't feed himself. Make him do chores for food. Once he gets stronger, start back in with the tainted food. You can change his behavior this way. He will no longer be able to push you around.

• sarah9 months agoReport

how high are you

At this point you have screwed up so badly already there is no real fixing this situation. Look into how to surrender him to child services, or find a relative to ship him off to.

Never get into an escalating confrontation with a teen, they do not know how to fold and will just keep escalating. As a parent you need to manage the situation, not the child; and you've not been doing that. All you've taught him is that there are no consequences, or they are ones he can easily shrug off, and there is no coming back from that as a single parent.

• sarah9 months agoReport

you can't really judge their parenting as you don't actually know them and child services is never a good idea ...

He should have had a father in his life, too bad you fkd that up