Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 3 months ago

Was my coffee “friend” mocking me? We are over 40, female. I recently bought a denim jacket & my friend commented?

“She’s wearing a denim jacket, wearing a denim jacket are you?” Then “she’s got a denim jacket” smirking & staring.

I said “yes”

What could I say? & why mock me?

We’ve known each other years, once good friends, now coffee friends as she makes no effort to be a better friend.

Im just average me.

She wears unfashionable clothes

Am i too old to wear a denim jacket??

Update:

We used to be better friends but she mAkes little effort now.

A friend does not mock a friend.

Or was she being weird.

She’s a hermit

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Zapata
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

You know that phrase "get a life"?

Well....

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

She's weird, and a frumpy one at that from your description. I'm 61 and wear a demin jacket. I'd be inclined to find a new coffee partner.

• 3 months ago

What rubbish. Demin jacket is a timeless piece that can be worn by any woman of any age. Even when I'm 70, I'll be wearing a denim jacket and play rock n' roll like the singer Cher.

And your friend sounds ignorant and clueless, perhaps even foolish. Or maybe she's just making a light joke that wasn't intended to be hurtful.

• denise
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

A smart denim jacket is a good piece of clothing, I'd wear one, and I'm older than you!

If you feel good in something, you should wear it, Denim has never gone out of fashion, she may just be envious of your style.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Hello! Sounds like my friend;

“I see you’re wearing those earrings again”.

“Why didn’t you wear_____instead of _____?”

“Nobody cares anymore if you wear white after labor day”

“I see you didn’t do your eyebrows today.”

P.S. Rock your denim jacket,honey! Very sharp at any age!

• 3 months ago

sounds like she was jealous

• drip
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

People of all ages wear denim jackets. Nothing wrong with it.

Answering Yes I’m wearing a denim jacket was about all you could say back to those comments.

You could asked her why she is going on about it. Or if this is normal for her just stop meeting her for coffee

• edward
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

JLo just wore a denim suit to the red carpet. I’m not saying you’re JLo because she doesn’t age but point is, nobody is ever too old to wear denim. She’s like 50 and still wears denim well

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Your friend is weird.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

I know a woman who is 60+and wears a denim jacket.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.