DCM5150 asked in SportsFootball (American) · 9 months ago

Do you watch less NFL than in the past?

I don't know if it is the fact than I am getting old(er) or the fact that NFL penalties are getting ridiculous that makes me watch less NFL. I used to watch all day Sunday, whatever game I could get. Now, I watch a game for a few minutes and there is pass interference because a DB was breathing somewhere near a receiver and I turn it off.

since the eagles won the superbowl ive watched less but i still follow it

I watch it..................

Never watched to begin with

• The sport is boring, the games take too long and have very little actual game action. Turn the TV off and go do something productive with your Sunday afternoons.

I only watch my favorites teams games and the playoffs and Super Bowl. I used to watch all the televised college and NFL games. I still love football, but I’m not rabid about it anymore.

• Rei

I watch less, but mostly because my NY Giants have sucked wind for so many years.

I do watch less, mostly because of the lack of variety in how teams play now. NFL teams are so risk-averse these days that if you watch almost any NFL game, you'll see the same basic thing from almost every team offensively - namely that both teams' offenses end up throwing a ton of short, low risk/low reward short passes all game every game. That way their QBs can have a higher completion percentage and lower INT total because someone, somewhere has apparently decided that QB rating is the most important thing ever.

As a result, few teams have the guts to go against the grain, take risks, and do something different. I'm a huge fan of how the Chiefs and the Patriots play offensively because they AREN'T risk-averse. Those 2 teams will do things wildly different from the rest of the league to try and win and I find that fun to watch. New England played like a smashmouth offense at times last year, including in the Superbowl, and it worked. Other times Brady threw a ton of passes, including some that (gasp!) were aimed downfield, and that worked too. KC lets/encourages Mahomes throw the ball all over the lot whenever he feels like it, and it works. I wish more teams had the guts to try something besides the typical mind numbing 30+-short-pass-attempt-per-game offense (even if that means running the ball 30+ times per game instead). Then I'd probably go back to watching more again.

I don't want to watch a Mitch Trubisky complete 16 passes for 120 yards or a Marcus Mariota complete 19 passes for 154 yards or a Jameis Winston complete 20 passes for 194 yards. I'd rather watch those guys complete fewer passes for more yards per completion OR watch their teams just say, "honestly, our QB isn't great, you know it and we know it, so we're just going to run the heck out of the ball instead of having our QB throw passes in the -3 yard to +3 yard range all game long to hide the fact that we don't trust our QB or our O-line to pass block for him."

• Mike L

Times change. The game seems faster to me and just as physical. I tune in as much as I can.

• Bob

I watch as much as I used to

I've gotten bored so I resort to watching highlights on YouTube