Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 5 months ago

Should I ask my boyfriend to pay more ?

My bf and I are in a LDR. We used to see each other quite often as I’d visit the country we’re both from a few times a year since I have friends and family there too. When I visited, we’d stay in airbnbs because neither of us were able to host and stayed far from each other. Recently, though, I’ve joined the army under mandatory conscription, so my days off are very limited and I’m earning well below minimum wage. Previously, we’d split airbnb costs and take turns paying for dates; this was affordable for me as I had enough money from jobs and savings. We’ve been planning to meet in the country I live in now and I’m so thankful that’s hes willing to spend the money to come here and see me (£250). The problem is, I can’t really host (18 and l live with my family, I’m just financially independent when it comes to personal purchases) but splitting an airbnb 50/50 would be unaffordable for me because I earn so little, I don’t have much left in my savings and I’ll only be allowed to work on the side in a few months. My bf has a full-time job that pays quite well. Is it bad that I’m hoping he’ll offer to cover a bit more of the costs simply because he earns a lot more than me ? On one hand I’d feel absolutely awful asking him to, especially considering he’s coming here for me and on the other, I’m still willing to spend a lot, I just don’t want to be left with no money at all in my account. I’ve been open with him about my situation so it’s not really a matter of communication.

LDR's don't last. Get out while you still can, seriously that relationship is not gonna work out and those kinds never do, unless you actually have the plans and money to meet in public IRL.

You have to tell him immediately! Don't wait another day! You don't have the money and can't afford it. WHY aren't you telling him this???? He needs to know! You are totally unprepared for this. It isn't just about him paying his own way.. it's that YOUR side of the deal has changed it is essential that he know this immediately. If you've been open about it... what the heck is your question??? He either is clear on the fact you can't afford to host him or he is not. Get it done.