Lll asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 8 months ago

I'm 7 days away from my period. Can I test for pregnancy?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

You can but it might not give you accurate results because Its a little too early

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

You can test 7 days before your period; but whether or not it's going to give you an accurate result isn't guaranteed. Even the "early" home pregnancy tests aren't always that accurate.. For an accurate result, wait until your period is at least one week overdue before you test.

• 8 months ago

Too early......

• 8 months ago

You are physically able to do so.

Will it show a positive? No. If you're 7 days prior to your period, you're only about 7 DPO. Implantation takes a minimum of 7 days. It can take up to 10 days. Then you still need time past that for hCG to build up. Just wait for your expected period date.

And for the record, don't use an early detection test. They're notorious for giving false positives (edit - that was supposed to say false negatives), even long after a missed period. And name brands are rated less reliable than generic or dollar store tests.

• ...Show all comments
    • Tri-Harder
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Sorry, I did mean false negatives. My fingers got ahead of my brain. You're absolutely right, false positives are rare.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Tulip
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Not yet ding dong...

• 8 months ago

You can buy it's probably not going to show anything this early. Get a First Response test which can check 6 days before period is due. You can't get one that will pick it up sooner than that.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

don't hurt to check

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.