Kay asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 2 months ago

The correct form when digging with a hoe?

I want to plant some cabbages but when I started to dig the garden with a hoe my lower back and right arm started to hurt. What's the proper form to dig and how are you supposed to move your body during the motion.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • equal
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best answer

you don't dig with a hoe its for weeding, you slice it flat cutting the soil and weeds,you dig with a fork or shovel breaking the soil after turning it over , and smooth it level with a rake look them up

• In
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

What you do in the privacy of your own bedroom is your business.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You're overthinking. It's just a hoe. Just bang it down and be done with it. If you don't feel comfortable in one position, just do another one. It's a hoe. You can do anything with it. Right? ;)

• Axiom
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Is that a euphemism ? I would suggest not doing so whilst 'churning the compost'.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

A hoe is not for digging up compacted earth. It is for removing weeds from already tilled earth. Either rent a tiller or do it with a shovel first. I'd rent the tiller. will make a relatively strenuous job muck easier.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If she’s digging just let her be, but if she stops you have to be firm with her. Don’t let her treat you like dirt and make sure you let her grab the handle and take over a few times.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.