Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

My family is complicated? Is this common?

So what originally wigged me out was finding out my mom and wife's dad are getting married. They announced this like just last month. I had been thinking about it a lot since then. I am currently stoned out of my gourd and can't stop thinking about my whole family situation. Okay here  let me try to figure out how to explain everything. I am stoned so be patient. Okay so my dad hasn't been in the picture much of my life. I'm the youngest child I have two older sisters. I married my beautiful wife 10 years ago. My mom and "Step dad" met through my wife and I . My wife already had a 14 year old daughter when I met her who is now 24. To add to the weirdness of my mom and wife's dad getting married I also have a niece who is 26, my oldest sisters daughter. My Niece and my wife's daughter ended up getting married 4 years ago. I've never considered my wife's daughter to be my daughter because her biological father is very much in the picture and she just calls me by my name. So my niece and my wife's daughter marrying didn't faze me. I never thought about it that deeply. But now in retrospect after the engagement announcement I'm like going "Whoa, my whole family unit is kinda messed up." None of it is technically incest by blood, but it still gets all sorts of wonky and I don't know how I've never thought of this before. I hope if I sleep it off it'll stop bugging me.

So anyways, anyone else have weird family units like this, or am I unusual?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best answer

I have an aunt who married a nice French man. For their wedding, he flew his son and other family here to my country. After a year or two, his son and my aunt's daughter also got married and now have the cutest little girl.

Yes, to others, it may seem a little unusual. But who are they to judge? As long as you're all happy and not hurting anyone. Sometimes things just work out in the most mysterious ways, but nevertheless it still works out. So yeah, that's that.

• mmm
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

your mom found love - awesome sauce

your niece found love - awesome sauce

and you not thinking about her daugher as your step daughter is scary

family vacations with everyone involved? sounds like a complete blast

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

it kinda falls under 'lncest'

• boj
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

This is not unusual. As you said, none of them are blood related, they just happen to meet because of you and your wife. Your an adult get over it, people find love where they find it..... so stop being weird and congratulate your mom and father in law.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • AJ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Every family is complicated.

• 2 months ago

Sounds like a pretty normal family. They all seem to get on well, there's no incest, her dad and your mum are lonely and have decided to follow the family trait of getting together. As long as everyone's happy, what's the problem. Can you not think about these things when you aren't stoned? It's not doing your brain any good in the long run if you live in a drugged haze most of your waking life. Cut down on the dope and be happy for the happy couple.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You said it yourself, none of this is technically incest, so there's nothing you can do about it. Also it seems you only think about it while you're stoned, so stop getting so stoned all of the time.

• 2 months ago

Yes its complicated, and yes its common

sadly

Many families date and marry, and even breed withing close proximity

Its just an extension of the "small town mentality"

some people spend their entire lives in the same small town they grew up in, so their pool isnt exactly big to pick from

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.