Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 5 months ago

My dog has passed away from brain cancer.... Help me cope?

For the past few weeks before her death, she was increasingly aggressive, looked drunk while walking and would freak out when petted (especially on the neck). She was diagnosed with brain cancer by a vet. The symptoma continued until last night when she collapsed and died. I am in tears and my two sons are crying their eyes out. How do we cope?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You can't. The world is a hellish, dark, cruel, sadistic place. God is a fickle being.

• Nathan
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Do things like create a memory book with photos of her and talk about how you're feeling. It can be hard but the more open you are, the more you'll accept she's gone and eventually things will get easier.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

There's nothing you can do, with death being permament. You shouldn't buy a new dog too soon, or your kids may blame it for the old one's death. I'm sorry for your loss.

• patty
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

nothing wrong with crying. Maybe down the track get a new pet.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jack H
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Think of the happy times you had with her, not the final days, time is a great help, it doesn't heal, just dulls the pain, grieve well, then remember. Sorry about your loss...

• chris
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Time is the only thing that is going to help!

Sorry for your loss!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.