Do you think there would be even more people in the world if giving birth was pain free and the baby weight went away right after birth ?

Update:

Just a curious question. Because I think there would be, maybe about 20 percent more.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • LizB
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Women who had very difficult births and/or complications might have more kids if they knew the next pregnancy would be easy breezy, but there are factors that play a far bigger role in deciding family size than fears about childbirth pain or weight gain. Money, for instance. Careers, life goals, and relationship stability to name a few more.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • mayona
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

Bringing up kids is even more difficult rather than bearing and delivering.

• GB
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

The pain is like toothache. We don't forget the pain, but remember the joy of conception. Losing weight immediately, is a non-issue for many mums, who are more focused on the baby.

• 8 months ago

I don't think those are factors for most women. I wanted to be a mom, no matter what.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

No. Because I know a few people who claim giving birth was not very painful. Plus I know women who were back to their before pregnant weight not long after giving birth.

• 8 months ago

You really think the pain of birth and weight is why people don't have more kids?

Twenty percent is an odd random guess.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Climate change would just kill them anyway.

• MissA
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I don't think that the pain and inconvenience of pregnancy are the main reason people avoid having any/more children, although I'm sure at least some people do. It's more about the pain and inconvenience of *children*. Pregnancy is a short term thing, parenting is a lifelong commitment of time, energy, and money.

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

No.  Very few people make their decisions about family size based on the size of their hips.

• God
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Probably so. AND if men had to give birth we wouldn't be having this conversation since we'd be extinct.

• ...Show all comments
    • Nicole8 months agoReport

Not about sexism, pushing a baby through a penis would probably be more complicated and have more risk than pushing through a vagina.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.