Aidan asked in HealthMental Health · 9 months ago

I have adhd, sometimes i hear people say "i think i have adhd" and i immediately get annoyed. am i a bad person?

I dont hate the fact that other people have adhd, i would love to meet someone else with adhd, for i have never met anyone else, but i feel like people dont understand how hard it is living with this condition, and when i hear someone say that they think they have it after hearing a few symptoms, it grinds my gears. it makes the disorder feel unimportant and silly. is this feeling okay or am i overreacting?

Of course not. You're not a bad person. If someone says something and it bothers you, you have to evaluate yourself and the people saying it. Who is in the right? Be the best you can be and don't bring upon harm to others. I think in this case, you can better yourself by learning to not get offended; however, what they are saying is wrong and they shouldn't say stuff like that, especially if someone is offended by it. Either you can kindly confront them and let them know you're uncomfortable with it so that they can change their ways, or you can learn to cope with it and do your best to not get offended. They probably don't know they're offending you, and that's why they continue to do it.

Not sure why you get annoyed. And i'm definitely not sure why people go around announcing this sort of thing, anyway. If i thought i had ADHD, i'd seek out a doctor's help and advice.

• Mark

Maybe instead of getting annoyed, you should ask "why do you think you have ADHD?"

Yes, you are overreacting.

Someone told you you were special. Sorry, you're not. Only pride (ego, arrogance) causes strife.

Only pride... nothing else.

Why do you think they call it a 'doctor's practice'?

Because they are practicing on you, silly.

One doctor told me three-quarters of what they learned in university is obsolete by the time they get out.

A micro-biologist told me he quit the pharmaceutical industry because 'ethically' he couldn't keep working there - he caught them putting addictive ingredients in non-addictive medicine.

Go and fact check: they CREATE diseases - labelling every day things 'disease' - so they can market the 'cure'.

The latest laughable one is this....

They are making a pill to cure 'loneliness'.

You heard it here first folks.

Soon 'loneliness' will be called a disease that only the pharmaceutical industry will have the 'legal right' to cure. They will patent the cure and lock down the market for 20 years.

People are like sheep...

Easily led astray.

Easy prey for the enemy.

Get Jesus in your life and he will show you many things you do not know. He's the only doctor you need. (I haven't even had a headache or common cold in a decade.) God wants you well. Healing is as much a part of the atoning sacrifice as salvation is. Get right with God and you'll never need a mortal doctor again.

• Mark

I'm sure GOD would love that you feel you have to post this anonymously. You are a true Christian soldier.... (rolling eyes)

• Bob

I know what you mean. However as an undiagnosed sufferer I can only say I think I have. But as I am certain I do along with OCD and anxiety it does annoy when people say that. But there is a difference.

• Aidan8 months agoReport

so jesus is real and every mental health issue are just false accusations by doctors?
      i get god on my side and suddenly ill be this perfect angle? Thats not how life works.
      You're calling people sheep when you're being led astray by the bible, which wasnt made until 300 years after, who's the sheep?