Will I be able to watch atheists roast in hell while I am chilling with Jesus in heaven?

It says in the Bible that God and his Angels will watch people burn in the pits of hell FOREVER and I was wondering if I could get a peak too? God obviously enjoys it since what other purpose would eternal torture serve? It s not meant for rehabilitative purposes and it benefits absolutely nobody expect to satisfy the sadistic delight of our loving God. BURN IN HELL ATHEISTS!!!

The word hell is found in both the Hebrew books of the Bible as well as the Christian Greek portion. The word hell in Hebrew is Sheol and it refers to mankind’s common grave. Regarding Sheol, the Encyclopædia Britannica (1971, Vol. 11, p. 276) noted: “Sheol was located somewhere ‘under’ the earth. . . . The state of the dead was one of neither pain nor pleasure. Neither reward for the righteous nor punishment for the wicked was associated with Sheol. The good and the bad alike, tyrants and saints, kings and orphans, Israelites and gentiles​—all slept together without awareness of one another.”

The word hell in Greek is Hades and it also means the common grave of mankind. Christ Jesus, himself entered within “the gates of Hades” when buried by Joseph of Arimathea. On Pentecost of 33 C.E., Peter said of Christ: “Neither was he forsaken in Hades nor did his flesh see corruption. This Jesus God resurrected, of which fact we are all witnesses.” According to the Bible hell is not a place of burning and fire.

• Roberta B

Well written, Joanne.

Yes, but you'll need a pair of binoculars.

Source(s): Well-informed atheist

Firstly, you need be specific with what the scripture really does say because I dont  know a single verse in the bible that says God and his Angel will watch people burn in hell...... God does not want anyone to go into the lake of fire! That punishment was never intended for mankind but for the Rebellious Angels that went against his way and led his people astray!, God does say in the verse below....

1. Proverbs 24:17 "Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoice."4. Ezekiel 33:11 "Say to them, 'As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! God doesnt want anyone to die or perish but the people who choose to follow The Devil and he ways, will face the same fate. (Hell) or better known The Lake of Fire is not some big Party! Its a horrible place the bible describes as Matthew 13;49This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous 50and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

The bible makes it VERY clear that nobody should rejoycing over anyones death no matter what opinions or personal judgment they hold against another person! God has said.... Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[a] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] There is no commandment greater than these.”

Judgement is Gods and punishment is also Gods. Anyone who claims to be a beliver and is celebriating or rejoycing over people who will be punished really needs to give there heart condition a thorough check and ask themselves is this really how a Beliver is supposed to be acting or feeling towards another human being!

• Yahoo User8 months agoReport

I have a torture chamber in my basement I put my kids in when they are bad. I dont want to torture them but they have chosen this predicament by misbehaving.

No, silly. Think again. By the time you get into heaven (if you ever do), there will be nobody left in hell. Hell exists only until the resurrections and final judgment. Rev. 20:12-14 shows that death and hell (and Paradise) must both be emptied and destroyed so that the resurrections and final judgment can take place. Paradise (Abraham's Bosom) and Prison (Hell) only exist up until the resurrections. The three heavens and the rewards of the lesser glorious resurrections come after the final judgment.

The wages sin pays is DEATH. Romans 6:23 Galatians 6:7-8

The wicked will go to a lake of fire WHICH MEANS THE SECOND DEATH.

Revelation 20:13-14; Revelation 21:8

So to directly answer this question, according to the Bible, NO, you or anyone else will not be able to watch anyone suffering in hell. God will judge those worthy of death, and he will put them to death, after which they will no longer exist.

The idea of eternal suffering in fire comes from pagan mythology. Jeremiah 7:31 and Jeremiah 19:5 shows that such a heinous thought never came into God's mind or heart.

• Roberta B

The truth is worth repeating. Especially such a good message from a God who has never lied.

• Steven

Wisdom does mock certain people. Source the bible. Proverbs chapter 1.

• Roberta B

God reacts to bad decisions that humans made. Humans with a sincere love for good things put faith in the God that never lies.

God cannot let anything vile, evil and corrupt into heaven; or it would become no better than earth.

You'll never get in with that attitude.

How will you escape being condemned to hell?

He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.

"But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

• Steven

I mean that those who do not where wisdom around their neck is the ones that wisdom mocks. Think about it.

• Wundt

There are 1000s of religions who believe they are the only purveyors of "God's truth."  What makes you think you selected the correct religion?  Then, even if you selected the correct religion (remember everyone else believes theirs is the right religion as much as you believe yours is) you still have to have lived your life in accordance with that religion, which is doubtful.  

So, the odds are about 100,000 to 1 against you getting to Heaven (according to your own beliefs). 

• Roberta B

People don't go to heaven by statistical odds. The scriptures say that God selects those who will go to heaven, so his will and choice decides, not a probability. 2 Thessalonians 2:13

What makes you think you are going to Heaven? If you delight in the suffering of others you have a lot of work to do on yourself first!

No, of course not. Heaven and Hell are silly ideas.

• Yahoo User8 months agoReport

Jesus and I will watch you burn!!!