Vaginal exam in early pregnancy?

I have just found out that I am 6weeks and 2 days pregnant, and I have scheduled my first doctors appointment.... I’m scared because I really don’t know anything about pregnancy and as a 19 year old I’m nervous of what to expect, I live in the Uk, and am wondering what happens in the first prenatal appointment? Do... show more I have just found out that I am 6weeks and 2 days pregnant, and I have scheduled my first doctors appointment.... I’m scared because I really don’t know anything about pregnancy and as a 19 year old I’m nervous of what to expect, I live in the Uk, and am wondering what happens in the first prenatal appointment? Do you have an ultrasound or like online it says a pelvic exam or something but I don’t know what that is, and I’m very private when it concerns my genitals, I understand that towards the end of the pregnancy I’ll have to be more open but I’m wondering if there are any sorts of vaginal exams that HAVE to be done in the first couple appointments? Or just anything about the first couple appointments would help a lot thanks x
8 answers 8