can I go to jail from court for not attending my repeat theft classes i am 66 years old and have chronic illness?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Ti
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Read your "Conditions of Probation". Not attending required classes could land you in the slammer, chronic illness or not.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

If they are court appointed as part of your sentence then yes of course regardless of your age or health....... and a 66yrsold you should be making better choices in life than theiving

• 9 months ago

Yes, you can go to jail for contempt of court. But think of it this way … you get a vacation and don't have to struggle to pay for food, shelter, clothing. They'll provide you with a nice little cell, a uniform, and at least two meals a day. And medical care.

• 9 months ago

Yep and you will. Another excuse maker.

You have a chronic illness but that doesn't stop you from stealing, but you think it should allow you not to do what the court ordered.

And what is a repeat theft class anyway? Never heard of it. You mean the court sent you to counseling.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Probably. How else can the court be sure that you will do what it orders? You do it to yourself.

• 9 months ago

If you were sentenced to the classes, then you can go to jail for contempt of court, be sentenced to jail for the original crime, and pay huge fines.

Your age and medical condition is irrelevant

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.