Anonymous

What if you interview an applicant who yelled/louden his voice by saying "just answer yes or no" when you answer him re: salary raise?

When we are about to conclude the interview session, I asked him if he has questions to ask me. He asked if there will be a salary raise once he stays in our company for a few months and if he is about to be regularized. I told him that depends upon his performance. But he did not take it well because he wants a definite answer that he wants to hear so he asked me that question in that kind of manner. I then said yes but again, it is up to the company to decide what will happen after months of observation.

You pass on that applicant. You know he is a nut job. You know he has no manners. Move on. 

• Judy

I wouldn't hire him.

I would assume he was not interested, so had nothing to lose. I've "rudely" made demands in a work setting knowing that I'll just walk away if I don't get what I want. I told one manager that I didn't care about the pay scale and didn't want to be on it. I was given $5.00 more hourly than everyone else, so sometimes being "rude" pays.

I would immediately put that resume in what we call the NUD file. NUD = Not Unless Desperate.

I would scowl at him and make notes with fierce pen strokes and tell him, "This interview is concluded." See if he has a different attitude at the follow-up interview.