Since veganism is a choice by health nuts and animal rights activists, would it still be illegal to spike their meal with meat?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Veganism is the only compassionate option. You shouldn't do things because they are legal but because they're the right things to do, and that clearly isn't.

• 5 months ago

I don't think you would be a criminal, but you surely would be an a$shole.

• 5 months ago

"Since veganism is a choice by health nuts and animal rights activists, would it still be illegal to spike their meal with meat?

It would NOT be legal to "spike" a vegetarian's or vegan's meal with meat, and/or any other type of animal products or byproducts. It's actually possible for someone due to circumstances, not be able to eat meat, that's allergic to fowl/poultry, and fish/seafood/shellfish, due to a bite from a parasite, such as the Lone Star tick, to also develop what's known as Alpha Gal. As such spiking a person's food with meat, could cause a reaction, that can range from mild, to very severe, and severe enough, to even cause a person to die. In such a case, you can be taken into court on charges for the unlawful jeopardization of another person's health, and in the case of death, you would face at minimum involuntary manslaughter. There are even some for whom even the smell is enough to cause an allergenic reaction.

Also doing so, shows such an action as not only being disrespectful, a lack of both personal morals, and personal ethics. It also shows a lack of maturity. For myself, and as someone whose diet does contain meat, it also makes me question some of how you were raised. Practical jokes can be ok, however they're not ok, when it comes to what someone else believes, or what they eat, as well as in other areas as well. I can appreciate a good practical joke, but not the kind that can put others at risk, or go against what they believe.

• Bob
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Only if you want your face smashed in

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Yes, transparency in food service and production is legally vital in the United States. There are some loopholes like listing "natural flavoring" where you can use beaver secretions and human hair without listing it but if you tuck bacon into a veggie taco just to spite someone, there may be legal consequences. From the lawyer's side, we could argue it was an accident. I'm sure there is precedent for both cases.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes, it is illegal to spike anyone's food. In some cases it would be classified as a federal hate crime, like if you fed pork to a Muslim or Jew.

• 5 months ago

Some people become Vegans for RELIGIOUS reasons. And some people become Vegans for Allergy reasons, so it would be ILLEGAL especially if the person gets sick or dies. Besides being a REALLY CRAPPY THING to do.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes, it is illegal to spike anyone's food without their consent, regardless of what you are putting into their food.

Respect others. This is the path to self-esteem, and self-esteem is the path to happiness. You seem to have a lot of disrespect and hostility for people, and that is merely a reflection of how you subconsciously feel about yourself. Heal yourself.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

It's not illegal for a private citizen to do that, but it's illegal for a restaurant or a food label to lie about what's in the food.

• Chandra5 months agoReport

It may not be illegal but is immoral. What would drive a person to such hate that they felt the need to do this?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Illegal...no. Meat is not poison. I wouldn't allow you to prepare any food for me...thank you very much. I am not a vegan or veghead...but you are insensitive as hell.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.