Tea Tree Oil vs. Tea Tree Essential Oil?

I was reading a recipe for homemade soap and I noticed that it mentioned Tea Tree Essential Oil as an ingredient.

My mom has a small bottle of Tea Tree Oil that my family uses for our skin and it does not have the word Essential on it.

When I search Google, a lot of the websites call Tea Tree and Essential Oil so I'm assuming that what my mom has is not different.

I just wanted to double check though. Is there a difference between Tea Tree Oil and Tea Tree Essential Oil?

Essential Oils have no additives. It is the pure oil.

They’re the same.

“Essential oil” simply means the oil of something herbal or fragrant. Often it is very strong and a tiny amount is used. As opposed to a cooking oil which is very mild and a large amount is used.

Image result for Is tea tree oil and tea tree essential oil the same thing?

Tea tree oil, also known as melaleuca oil, is an essential oil distilled from the leaves of the native Australian plant Melaleuca alternifolia.