Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 10 months ago

Does the white house have anti air capabilities and were they prepared when flight 93 was still in the air?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

Yes, now it does. No it did not then. On 911 all that was available was two unarmed fighters on a training mission. The pilots knew they might have to ram an airliner to stop it.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 10 months ago

As a matter of fact it does.

GB

Major, Squadron Commander, 42nd Bomb Wing, 2nd Air Force, Strategic Air Command (SAC), US Air Force, 1960-74

• 10 months ago

No it would look too tacky.

• 10 months ago

The White House does not publish it's exact details, and in fact, probably puts out much false info to discourage terrorists.

But as 9-11 proved........if you are determined enough........and have the right idea.........and a little luck on your side........................who knows what you can pull off.

Planes take off from Reagan airport all the time. I remember the plane crash on the 14th Street bridge.

That was just a normal plane crash........but a few more blocks.......that could have easily been the White House or the Captiol building or any major monument. Sh*t happens.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 months ago

Yes indeed they do have defense, even your toy drone gets shot down.

Since 9/11 they have even upgraded to over a dozen MK-6 auto targeting SAM missiles. A no fly zone perimeter means just that.

Well prepared for ground assault also.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Yup! In 1977, there were at least 16 "Redeye" missiles in the White House. To think they have down scaled their defensive capability does not compute.

• 10 months ago

they have secret service with man portable missile like the stinger

• 10 months ago

this whole subject is secret. you'll receive no valid answers

• Susie
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

They rely on the military to intercept any such threats. If threats are known ahead of time, the President and Vice President are moved to a secure location.

• 10 months ago

I believe they do have surface to surface air missiles. I am not very knowledgeable on military tactics and whats not, but I have heard that about the air missiles a lot.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.