Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsOther - Electronics · 2 months ago

Will puting high drain batteries in a flashlight since it is considered low drain device make them last longer. ??

I know the answer should be obvious but I'm going to ask anyway. if the batteries do in effect last longer how much longer I don't need the exact figure I just want an estimate. I'm just getting use the average of 12 hours on low drain so would high drain be 15 hours, 18 or 24.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

well high drain shouuld run longer given the same workload. but you may only get 10% more out of it.

• P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

HIgh drain and low drain are such relative terms.  You need to break things down into volts, watts and amps.  Generally the higher the milliamps the longer the battery will last when you are comparing batteries of the same voltage.   

• 2 months ago

the section for advice on making safe purchases. Good for frequently-used flashlights because you can reuse them rather . but you can get "low self discharge" NiMH batteries that only lose their .The higher voltage lets some CR123A flashlights put out more light than similarly-sized AA flashlights.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.