stephen asked in Society & CultureRoyalty ยท 8 months ago

Diana tragedy re-surfaced.For those of u who follow it in more detail than I, is it credible? Driver of other car never interviewed-unlikely?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Clo
    Lv 7
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Resurfaced? No. Rehashed is the more appropriate term. Several years ago, a program claimed to have found the driver of the Uno, which he had repainted red. He was driving home from work, some say that he was drunk, and he had nothing to do with the accident. He and the car were not found by police, and the police felt that the car was not an issue, not the cause of the crash in any case.

Diana died in an accident on a stretch of road known for accidents. Her last-minute driver, Henri Paul, was not a professional chauffeur, but the Ritz Hotel's Head of Security. Henri Paul was not trained to drive limousines, just held a regular driver's license. He was also under the influence of prescription medications and alcohol. Paul was not in condition to safely commandeer a speeding, heavy car down a tricky stretch of road.

The link to the archived contents of both inquests into the deaths of Diana, Dodi, and Henri Paul are the most complete source for information.

https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/2009060...

Tina Brown did a good job covering the story in her biography The Diana Chronicles.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Apparently, the driver of the little Fiat Uno, top speed 93mph, didn't hang around to answer questions or sign autographs.

• The driver of the Fiat Uno was apparently never traced, although I suspect the SIS know full well who the driver was as he worked for them.

• 8 months ago

I don't think it's 'resurfaced', unless you have found something new (source?). It's never gone away and won't as long as there are people who refuse to see the obvious re this tragedy and who live for 'conspiracies'. Apart from the fact that I think Diana was an accident waiting, Dodi's father had a lot of enemies, many of whom just might have been after him, rarther than Diana - if you want a conspiracy?

I have to say I find it odd, assuming the car was fitted with back-seat belts, that Diana wasn't wearing one which she appeared to always do. Other than that, unless the driver wanted to commit suicide, why would he crash the car, UNLESS he was drunk and on drugs, and speeding.

Other car? Weren't there any number of cars likely to have been on the road/tunnel at that time of night?

• ...Show all comments
    • Clo
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Police have found that people who take limousines often don't wear seat belts that are available for use. They, and I, think this unwise because a car is a car and accidents can happen.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

It is far more implausible that the whole thing was

an assassination by a drunk driver with a death wish.

• 8 months ago

Diana died because the car she was in crashed into the wall of a tunnel in Paris.ย  The car was being driven at excess speed.ย  The driver, who was also killed, was high on drugs and brandy at the time.ย  He was an employee of the Ritz Hotel, owned by Mohammed Fayed whose son Dodi was also killed in the crash.ย  The presence of other cars in the tunnel may have contributed to the crash, but they were not the main cause.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.