Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Is my husband overprotective of our kid?

My 23 year old daughter has a boyfriend who’s 20. Sometimes when he’s in town he sleeps in her bedroom with her.

I’m pretty sure they do it but she’s a grown woman at this point.

He seems sweet with her.

My husband doesn’t like it but we have younger kids to worry about

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You and your husband are entitled to make whatever rules you want for your own household. But unless this 23 year-old is in a PhD program or medical school or something I'd be trying to help her find ways to move out.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Fathers seldom love it when their daughters become sexually involved with someone. That's not "overprotectiveness," if he's not actively intervening. It's normal.

Your daughter is a legal adult. She has a right to a sex life, but she doesn't necessarily have a right to one under your roof. She really should be living on her own by now. If the fact that she's sleeping with her boyfriend in your house really bothers your husband, HE has a right to ask that she not do so. If he's unwilling to do that, he simply has to put up with his discomfort.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

he might be overprotective

• 2 months ago

Yea he's just being a typical father but at this point she is old enough to make her own decisions.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

If she’s a grown woman she should be entertaining at her own residence. With younger children in the home, they’re learning to normalize that conduct, and it’s disrespectful of the bf to use your home as a love nest. Nothing good comes out of this. Funny how kids want to be treated as adults only when it seems to apply to them, and depend on enabling adults to justify their irresponsibile behavior.

• y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Nice example is being set for the little ones.

• 2 months ago

sounds like your husband is a weak man and pathetic man

• 2 months ago

Not sure a parent worrying over their childs welfare has an age limit

and fortunately we have the capacity to care and worry over more than one person at a time

She may be a grown woman, doesnt mean she is mature or makes wise life choices.

Naturally a good father will worry

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.