Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 5 months ago

HELP- my neighbour is parking really close (and sometimes coming into my bay!) My car is getting scratched for when they open the door!?

Talk to them about it. They need to repair the damage. They need to watch what they're doing and be considerate.

Tell them you will fvck their car up with a ball peen hammer if they scratch your car again.

Years ago, when I was living in an apt complex, had the same problem. As my garage bay was on the end, I built a wall next to my bay after asking the manager of course. They said "no problem, as long as it looks professional". Later on, when I decided to move, he said, "take your wall with you"......DANG.

Take a picture when you park your car.

If you return and the car has more scratches on it, then take another picture of it.

Then discuss it with them.

Door scratches can occur anywhere. Unless you have proof it was them, there is no way they would be responsible.

If you they are on their side of the line, there is nothing you can do.

If it's problematic when they slightly cross the line, tell them - "hi, sometimes when you park close, I have a hard time opening my passenger door without touching your car".

• Erik

I would talk to them, calmly and respectfully. It's better than leaving a note. If they ignore you, talk to your landlord/management company.

Talk to THEM about it, not us. We can't do anything on your behalf.

FAIL

Your first step is to politely speak to them to inform them of their inability of being a bad neighbor. You need to figure out how to say that appropriately. Make no threats of seeking help from the apartment complex. Save that for afterwards if they do not stop their antics. Next is civil action but you do have to follow certain steps. The final one is when you decide to finally move out. Prior to leaving forever, find an ice pick an poke one tire through the sidewall then pick another tire and scratch the sidewall.

• Erik

cowardly