Why do they have vegan meals in prison?

I went to prison at eighteen and I was on remand and was a vegetarian and I could eat vegetarian options. Its weird because I'm in hospital now and there was better food in prison. I'm being serious. I'm twenty now and no longer vegetarian or vegan

prison are hotels for naughty people

Beans and rice are CHEAP

It has been proven to not only be healthier but also much cheaper and there was one prison in California (I believe, perhaps Texas?) that dramatically reduced it's recidivism by something around 80-90%

The real question should be why don;t all prisons ONLY serve vegan meals in prison? and hospitals, and schools, and....

• Connor

Because some people in Prison are actually vegans/ vegetarians (as well as having other dietary requirements), so they

have to provide someone to meet their needs 

May be ask for a diet notice,that a dr. gives.Then show it to prison so that they give more organic a food.

You was never a vegetarian or a vegan. You are a liar.

• Clive

For the very obvious reason that all the vegans and vegetarians will complain if they don't. Similarly with religious diets.

They must be (slightly) better than nutraloaf.

• ?

Because they want to subject the inmates to the most appalling conditions possible