Yesterday I did a counter withdrawal of $5,000 from my Wells Fargo bank account. Would I be allowed to do another counter withdrawal today?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

As a rule, the limit on counter withdraws is the balance of your account.

Even though there are requirements to report large cash transactions to the government, there is no LEGAL limit on the size or frequency of such transactions.

Source(s): Annual bank compliance class.
    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

They really don't care.

HOWEVER...if this is really out of the ordinary for your account, you might end up getting flagged and your information passed off to the authorities.

Nothing illegal about withdrawing your own money, but these quantities raise red flags.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Yes, of course. It's not like a bar where they will say "Don't you think you've had enough?"

• 9 months ago

You can, as long as your account has a large enough balance to cover it.

However, a few banks have a limit on the number of withdrawals you are allowed to make.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

NO bank has such limits on checking accounts.
      ALL banks, by law, limit withdraws from savings accounts.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Contrary to populate belief banks don't keep hoards of money in branches. Most banks require a few days notice for withdrawals over $3000.

- you can attempt to do another withdrawal today but don't be surprised if they say "not enough cash on hand".

You may have better luck going to a different local branch instead of the same one you went to yesterday.

• ...Show all comments
    • STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

By the way, $30,000 in any denomination of $20 or higher would be ridiculously low.
      If they have less than $100,000 on hand in a SMALL branch, they request a SAME DAY shipment.

• 9 months ago

You can withdraw as much as you want every single day, up to the entire balance of your account.

• JJ
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

Yes, you can make another counter withdrawal

• 9 months ago

It's your money... going inside a branch they should never deny or limit a withdrawal.. On ATM's some do limit.

• 9 months ago

It is your money, get it when you need it.

• 9 months ago

I doubt that.

But you could try an ATM if you have money in the account - it will work in my experience (U.K>)

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

You have the limits BACKWARDS. ATMs have daily withdraw limits. Counter transactions do not.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.