In the case of medical abortion, why suggest that the misoprostol tablets be taken vaginally, not buccally?

The buccal administration (between cheek and teeth) seems significantly less uncomfortable (except for perhaps the taste) than to insert them into the vagina. The idea of this seems a little awkward for me and a little distressing, but mostly pointless as it seem the out come is the same, and any statistical... show more The buccal administration (between cheek and teeth) seems significantly less uncomfortable (except for perhaps the taste) than to insert them into the vagina. The idea of this seems a little awkward for me and a little distressing, but mostly pointless as it seem the out come is the same, and any statistical difference is considered negligible (yet leans in favour of the buccal administration technique).
I was asked to take them vaginally, as I find this idea difficult, I don’t see why I can’t take them in my cheek as that’s also a commonly accepted practice and works just as well.

The statistics I found and loosely refer to jhttps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4395572/
0