Why do I get sick the same time every year and what is it?

Around the same time every year I get sick with a very annoying cough. It lasts for weeks and I’ve gotten it since I was a kid (my father just informed me that I had coughing issues like this since I was a baby) It’s gotten better as I’ve gotten older but it hit me real hard the past couple of weeks and I realized I don’t actually know what it is.

The symptoms start with a sore throat then slowly progress into a cough. It’s a very dry cough and is almost like a heave. I go into coughing fits for a few minutes and can’t breathe cause I’m coughing too much, then I’m fine for a little while with only a few coughs. It really hurts my chest and diaphragm.

I have a little bit of mucus in my throat but not a lot (not enough to warrant this much coughing) and I can breathe through my nose fine. I just have a slight runny nose but Its probably from the colder weather.

I originally thought it was post nasal drip because I got that a lot as a kid but I’m not stuffed up so I ruled it out.

I think it might be bronchitis since I got that once really badly when I was in middle school but I’m not really sure. I’m generally a healthy person with no health complications.

Oh, I got my tonsils removed as a kid though, idk if that contributes.

I’m going to the doctors next week but I’m pretty impatient and wanted to see if anyone else had any suggestions about what it is and how to lessen the symptoms.

Thanks for any suggestions.

If your house is damp, the problem could be mold, which causes chest infections. As the weather gets colder, the mold spores spread and cause infections.

It could also be things like lack of vitamin D because there is less sunshine, so take vitamin D tablets all winter if you are in a northern climate.

• k w

what do you eat around that time. think about it

• k w

or what you wouldn't even think of, and don't think of the doctor as the guy who is gonna solve you problems, he may, but he ay not as well. and didn't your folks teach you how togargle with warm salt water for sore throats ? mine did ! best wishes figuring it all out.....

If it's the same time every year, could it be some kind of allergy? Do you have allergies in general? I sometimes cough at the end of the pollen season when I stop taking meds.

• Kang5 months agoReport

I don’t any allergies that I’m aware of.