Tuan asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 8 months ago

I have a tree that with the trunk that is completely on my property. Some of the branches extend past my property line.?

Can I trim the branches of my tree that extend into the neighbors property?

Yes, but you can't let branches fall on your neighbours property.

You are actually responsible for maintenance and liable for damage that could occur from your tree. You should request permission from the neighbor, if he declines you should document the request.

If you can trim them from your side of the property, yes.

If you need to access your neighbor's property to trim them, you need to ask for permission.

Just politely ask him for permission to go onto his property to do it. Doubtless he'll be delighted, he might even help you.

• David

Yes, but ask for permission first or else you might be unlawfully trespassing.

• Nuff Sed

May be true in states that recognize such a thing as "harmless trespassing", or where the neighbor's yard is enclosed or posted for "no trespassing".