I thought being a pilot was a good job, just saw a documentary where they were showing pilots earning less than retail managers, thoughts?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Proper Wages are dependent on Need, Skill, Availability.

There is no Scale that is required to be paid to anyone, nor should there be. How much does an employer need to bid for a worker to accept to do the job.

Example: Paying 100$ a week for a teacher is just as viable as any job. Paying more does not mean a better educator, or worse.

In theory the offer of better wages should mean better employees, BUT it only means that worse can apply and be accepted, because there is none better.

• 5 months ago

I don't know what documentary you were watching but the average salary of a commercial pilot is 6 figures. Retail managers are on the lower rungs of the economic ladder.

• 5 months ago

Yes I saw that documentary to some pilots are earning less than retail managers but some pilots are on more than 100000 a year although not all

• 5 months ago

Don’t believe everything you hear or see on the internet. Go find out in person.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

My son is a pilot. He earns about $100,000 a year.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.