Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 months ago

why are Jehovahs Witnesses so controling?

they like to control their JW people's life so much

• Juli

That's how all high control cults work.

Without the complete submission from their followers, this cult and other cults wouldn't exist.

• Rolando C I

Our complete submission is to Jehovah and Jesus. Your complete submission is to the evil one. 2Corinthians 4:4

Since when has wise biblical guidance equaled to a person being controled. If that's the case then all of the disciples of Christ were being controlled by their congregation leaders. Hebrews 13:7,17

• Peter

They're not, folk that don't agree with the way they do things, simply don't go to their meetings. Easy eh?

In the case of those who set "laws" over Jehovah's people, it can be traced back to former Watchtower President "Judge" Rutherford who was a very controlling character indeed. Read the book "In Search of Christian Freedom" by ex-Governing Body member Raymond Franz to understand this mindset often reproduced among many Jehovah's Witnesses, especially those in positions of authority. The time is coming when this domineering attitude will be rooted out by Jehovah's prophet who will "restore all things." (Matt. 17:11, Mal. 4:5). That restoration will include justice and love being fostered among God's people, which is currently, sadly lacking.

• Papa-G

I found you a bit controlling because you never gave others a chance to answer.

Because they'd lose members otherwise.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

Little people with little power. Didn't the Christ say,to forgive 7 times 70? Which of us was without sin when God called us? If you know something, don't you think God knows?

• Brian

Controlling how?

Everything I do I choose to do.

• Brian

Why is it wrong to pur your Creator before your family Jeff? You are an American, right? Don't you believe to put your country before your family? It was how I was raised. God, country, family, self. Were you raised differently?

When you do not have the truth, you must exert control to make it seem true.

JW's use a perversion of the Greek Text that can't withstand scrutiny. If they didn't control it, their entire religion would collapse.

• Rolando C I

Anonymous your perverted translation has removed the sacred name Of God YHWH more than 7,000 times from the Bible.

When I joined them for several weeks they tried controlling me. They got annoyed I can’t be controlled by people at all. So they ignored me despite me being faithful and positive. I served God before the Kingdom Hall.