Why have so many employees of fast food etc cone to expect tips where traditionally there would be no tip?

For example, too many fast food restaurants have activated the tip line at the counter as if you are suppose to tip. They seem to think you are rude if you follow traditional tipping standards. I'll tip is you cone to my table to take my order and then bring it to me. If I order at the counter, expecting a... show more For example, too many fast food restaurants have activated the tip line at the counter as if you are suppose to tip. They seem to think you are rude if you follow traditional tipping standards. I'll tip is you cone to my table to take my order and then bring it to me. If I order at the counter, expecting a tip is inappropriate.

The same for other retail situations. I got a tip line on a credit card at a convenience store when I bought cigarettes. Completely inappropriate.