Anonymous

Job Interviewer lied to me??

So i had an interview, things went well, i asked when i could do 1st shift and he said i had to be there 6 months. He said I had the job and to get a photo ID then the next day I get a text saying they passed on me. why?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best answer

Maybe he just offered the job to you too quickly. Something came up in your background check, someone more qualified came along, or perhaps another manager vetoed you for whatever miscellaneous reason.

• billionaire2 months agoReport

I have a very great opportunity for you come check it out https://e684b4k6p9vdw09bt6lizga0eh.hop.clickbank.net/

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Black people get lied to all the time because they have a ghetto sounding name. Black people have had same qualifications but just because of name,got dismissed. Try to avoid any white owned business like h&m, shop at black owned businesses or aply there.

• 2 months ago

I was hired by a place that did all the standard stuff for pre-hire. Drug test, background check etc.

The Wednesday prior to the Monday I was scheduled to start, I was called and told the job was no longer available. I happened to know some people who worked there, so was able to find out what happened.

I was being hired to replace someone who was leaving the company. For whatever reason, they requested to cancel their resignation and stay. The company agreed to let him stay, so I was out of a job before I even started.

I wasn’t happy, but I’m glad I didn’t quit another job to take this one.

I know some who relocated their whole family to accept a job in a small town almost 2,000 miles away. The company downsized, and laid him off 3 weeks after starting. He had to take another job in a town about 70 miles (each way) away that paid about $15k less a year.

• 2 months ago

Apparently somethings showed up on your background check that led to you not being considered for the job.  Move on.

• Erik
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

this is pure speculation

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Ask him why this happened

• y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Another better applicant walked through the door, or something in the background checks showed up, or the position was suddenly eliminated do to organizational needs.

• Ranger
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Only the people conducting the interview can tell you why they did not hire you.

There is nothing wrong with calling and asking why they didn't hire you. Don't be argumentative question their decision. Just ask how you can improve your interview skills for the next time you apply for a job. Listen and then politely thank them.

• 2 months ago

Someone cuter showed up.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

He didn't lie to you. He changed his mind.

No one here knows why you weren't hired and you aren't entitled to that information. It's private. (Well, in some states you are entitled to know if you were disqualified based on something that appeared on a background check in which case you will get a letter).

Sorry, it is what it is.

• Big Mouth
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

The less information an application has about why they were rejected the less problems and discrimination lawsuits there are likely to be for the company when an applicants ego gets bruised...

• Kaz
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Maybe something unacceptable showed up on your background check.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.