Would U.S. military action against Iran be a good idea or a bad idea? And why?

After the Iranians attacked some oil fields in Saudi Arabia.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favourite answer

I want to see some initiative taken by the Saudi's and a commitment to risk their Air Force and Army. Then I want to see some Allied support in the same way. Until then...it's very sad.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

The US military should only try to protect its borders. nothing else. The us military is useless, look at Vietnam, Korea, Afghanistan.

• 8 months ago

It's a colossally stupid idea, as the chance is VERY strong that Russia & China will step in to help Iran. Do you want WWIII & the possible eradication of life on this planet?

• 8 months ago

I want to see the Arab world, unite and handle this thmeselves, without the US spending one thin dime.-

Saudia Arabia was attacked........let them respond. and send all their troops and spend all their money.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Iran is ruled in what is called a theocratic government. Theocratic means a system of government in which religious leaders rule in the name of their god. Any country that claims to be acting on a religious grounds or in the name of 'god' are right up there with monarchies in my book. Neither should exist in the modern world.

Their own people are protesting because life there is not good at all. This is due to failed leadership. That government needs to be overthrown but their people need to be the ones to do it.

We should watch them closely and counter any future attacks they may launch with full force, but I do not think we should go in there.

• 8 months ago

the only people who want military action against Iran are the liberals

they are basically demanding a war

same as they did with syria when Bush was president and then the first thing they did after 0bama was elected was to start a war with syria

• 8 months ago

A good idea. That government needs to go. Iran is behind terrorism, and sure,the Sunni terrorists and mullahs will benefit, but one at a time. Iran has a government that usurped their former government, so I'm sure they will understand. (wink)

Prophetically speaking, the Iranian government's days are numbered. There will be a new order in the Middle East, Erdogan, Iran, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, will all feel the change. There will be 10 nations there.

Attachment image
    Source(s): bisexual Christian
    • Ron
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Feel free to put on the uniform and go die for your country

• 8 months ago

Some actions need to be taken against Iran, since even Jefferson understood that in dealing with Muslim fanatics, they only things they understood were warm blood and cold steel. Since our first wars were all with the Muslims of North Africa, we need to learn that they only attack the weak, and defenseless.

• 8 months ago

bad. more instability and violence. And where does it end? Stay w sanctions and back channel diplomacy

• Troy
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

It's about time to address their continued hostilities and imminent threats to peaceable nations.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.