Must a person have warm to hot water in order to get clean while bathing or showering?

Or can cold to lukewarm water be effective in cleansing the skin?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

Hot water damages your hair and skin so I guess lukewarm is the best. I like showering in warm water first and then switching to cold water at the end.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

The heat of the water help loosen and dissolve dirt , dead skin and body oil. It helps make soap work better. Whole lukewarm is better than cold warm to hot is best. By the way washing with cool cold or lukewarm water is not safer or healthier for the skin. Warm to hot water has been found to morr effective at keeping dirt and germs away.

• patty
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

cold is fine. although when I washed my hair with cold water it came out funny.

• Hypnos
    Lv 4
    10 months ago

hot water opens the pores, cold water closes them. In an ideal world you would wash your skin using hot water, and rinse it using cold to close the pores after they have been cleaned, otherwise you could be inviting bacteria back into your body.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jerry
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

A cool or cold shower or bath is better than NO shower or bath. But a warm to very warm shower or bath is better than a cool or cold one. If you do dishes, then you understand that warm water and soap gets them cleaner than cold water and soap.

If your skin is very dry, you may want to wash "stink parts" like underarms and crotch with warm water and soap, then switch to tepid water and a stiff brush (no soap) for the rest of your body for some showers. Or tepid water and a super moisturizing soap.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.