Would you take away an item that your children are fighting over?

When I was younger, I remember walking by a room that my cousins were in and I thought I saw them fighting over a dart. Well when I went over to the door I saw that they actually were fighting over a dart and I didn't know who I should help because I didn't know who started what and my dad eventually took... show more When I was younger, I remember walking by a room that my cousins were in and I thought I saw them fighting over a dart. Well when I went over to the door I saw that they actually were fighting over a dart and I didn't know who I should help because I didn't know who started what and my dad eventually took the dart away from them ( I'm assuming that both of my cousins parents gave him permission to do so and none of their parents were there when this was happening). As for the question yes if I ever catch my future kids doing that, I'd immediately take the item away because I don't condone behavior like that and fighting over anything is unacceptable. So would you take an item away if your children are fighting over it? Also I was using my experience as an example, I'm not dwelling on the past or anything.