decluttering my room?

Do you vacuum and Dust first or do you organized your dresser and closet with clothes?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • I care
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Yes, clean up the room first. Organize your dresser placing under wear/bras/socks in the top drawer, tee shirts or tops in the second, than jeans etc. Hang many tops and sometimes shelf units are nice for folding so many other pairs of pants/tops. Depends on your space available. Place a hamper in your room, never put wet items in it, try to hang a wet towel/cloth over shower to dry and than in hamper. I have used clear shoe boxes for pairs of shoes and stack on top shelves.....label them helps. I also have a three drawer container for placing sheet sets in with their pillow cases.....label the container helps. Place jackets/coats etc. in coat closet if home has one. In your bathroom....shelf unit is nice to fold towels/hand towels/wash cloths for easy use. I also place clear shoe boxes for salves/cold medicine/whatever you use and makes it easier to use and put up after use.

Top shelf have containers nice to hold excess cotton tips, cleaners whatever you want out of your area to keep the sink clear.

• 2 months ago

vacuum and dust first.

• Jahal
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

First I clean and clear out junk. Then I do surfaces, vaccum, dust etc.

Watch Marie kondos video or read her book.

• 2 months ago

Face it, we all have more stuff crammed in our room than we really need. Time to downsize and declutter so you have room for the things you love and need. Begin by stripping down to your underwear and try on your clothing to see what to keep and what to donate. Hanger by hanger and drawer by drawer, begin eliminating things you have not worn and will not wear "someday". Now you will have more space for the things you have and as such, it will be much easier to store everything you have within reach.

The only thing on your floor should be your furniture and that's it. Everything else should be on wall shelving in canvas, plastic, wire or wicker bins. Put a clear plastic over the door shoe holder on the back of your door or your closet door. That is a great place to store your electronic chargers, connectors and such, plus your lotions and hair brush and other things that typically clutter the top of your dresser.

Once you have a place for everything, everything will be in it's place and you will know exactly where to find it.

Taking out clothes and organizing them creates a lot of dust, so organize clothes first. You should vacuum after organizing, then dust.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Organize first, making piles for keep, toss, store elsewhere. Then clean.

• marty
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Organize first, then vacuum, dust last.

• 2 months ago

Organize and clean up all the stuff first then vacuum

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Organise your clothes. Vacuum then damp wipe all the hard surfaces. If your vacuum will take a HEPA filter (hospital quality) it will stop the vac redistributing the dust.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.