Will PlayStation plus still be available for ps4 after the release of the ps5 in 2020?

Play station plus is a service for the ps4 where you can play multiplayer and get two free games every month so with that being said will the service still be available for the ps4 after the release of the ps5

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best answer

If not, it kind of defeats the purpose of making the ps5 backward compatible with ps4 games.

Doesn’t Sony still support the ps3’s online gaming and the ps4 has been out for 5 or 6 years.

• 2 weeks ago

Nope. They canceled ps2 support a while back. Same will happen to the ps3 and then the ps4

• 1 month ago

I wont buy the schitt any more.

• 2 months ago

Yes, it will. THere is absoluely no reason for them to stop it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes, chances are they will continue to give support to PS4 when the ps5 comes out, I mean, there’s no reason not to as PS3 is still kind of being supported when it comes to the PlayStation Plus (although they did stop making free games available on the PS3).

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

only time will tell, you'll just have to wait and see

• NONAME
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

ps3 is still around...or i guess you didnt look it up...i mean ps3 plus is still around

• 2 months ago

Probably, but wouldn't surprise me if they jacked up the price for next gen consoles

• opurt
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If they stop PS+ on the PS4 then every multiplayer game would become instantly useless. There's no way they'll do that anytime soon.

As for the free games, I'd be very surprised if they wouldn't be still available too. It stayed around on for the PS3 and Vita for around 5 years after the PS4 would come out, so I don't see them cutting off the PS4 right after the PS5 ships.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.