Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 10 months ago

What do you actually do all day if you are in jail? Do you get out of your cell much?

It depends on where you are locked up. I’ve been in two different jails and they were vastly different. The first was a higher security facility, so I spent 95% of time in my jail cell. I did a lot of reading and sleeping. Most of my time outside of the cell was spent in handcuffs.

In the other, lower security jail I spent a lot of time out in the common area with the other ladies. We had classes and did jobs for most of the day. We also had a lot of free time outside where I would take a walk everyday.

it depends on WHAT jail, and why you are in.

If you are in a local jail awaiting trial, there may be no options beyond sitting in your cell.

If you are serving a sentence for a misdemeanor, there are likely more options.

Try meditation. You will be enlightened some days.

• P & W10 months agoReport

Meditation is Great. Lots of time to relax inside.

When I was in it was playing cards and watching TV. All day everyday. It's boring, but your also on edge all the time, you can't let your gaurd down. It's this weird state of feeling wired up and bored at the same time. That's why most people who are locked up learn to be optimistic pretty quick. If you actually think about how horrible it really is to be incarcerated then you would lose your mind in there. So in a way it teaches a lesson about enjoying life wherever you can. But I don't think the toll it takes on your soul is worth that lesson. Some sh*t really should be kept in the dark.