Smiley piercing hole isn't closing, help?

I pierced my smiley a few years ago and it was lovely, healed nice and everything. I went through a phase of not wanting my piercings anymore and took it out, it healed quite quickly and that was that.

Fast forward a few years and here we are, I pierced my smiley again and it seemed to be doing fine. Started healing quickly and such. I bought a horseshoe piercing from the store Spencer's and within an hour my smiley was irritated, I chocked that up to being it still healing. A couple days later and it's still irritated, I kept my mouth/piercing/jewelry all clean.

A week later I noticed the hole was bigger and the piercing had migrated quite low. I took it out. I've been checking on it and keeping everything as clean as possible. The hole doesn't hurt and it's not irritated at all however it's been about a month if not a little longer and the hole doesn't seem to be closing.

Does the migration cause it to take longer to heal? Will it heal or and I screwed to ever have it again? Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? Any advice would be great!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

To be honest, it sounds like your piercing is rejecting - not migrating. When piercings migrate, typically you do not feel any pain or "rawness" associated with it. Your body is trying to push it out, and this could have been exacerbated by the fact that you got pierced in an area where scar tissue was present (from your previous piercing); this tissue tends to be more temperamental and is more easily prone to rejection. Sadly, my advice would be to take it out, as I don't think your body will stop trying to push it out until it is completely gone, and by that time you may have a gnarly amount of scar tissue left behind from it. The sooner you take it out the better if it's rejecting. Consult your piercer if you want more advice, but that's mine for now!

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i would go to the place that did it and ask them about it

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Pour alcohol on it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.