how long does it take to break in Doc Martens?

Just bought a pair and i had worn it once while in school. Once i came home i got terrible blisters, which was expected. How can i break them in without such pain and how long does the process usually take? I heard they are the most comfy pair of boots once broken in.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Hypnos
    Lv 4
    2 months ago
    Best answer

They are. Honestly once I broke in my first pair of docs I found it hard to wear anything else because they were just so comfortable and worked with every outfit. Mine took about a week before the leather started to loosen up and they were a lot more comfortable to wear. I used to find wearing two pairs of socks helped to avoid blisters, because there was significantly less friction getting through to my actual skin, however if your docs are only just fitting this probably won't help. It's always best to have a little breathing room so you can leave way to wear more layers if necessary.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'd wear them around the house each day for an hour (with socks), after a week or two they should be broken in enough to stop causing blisters. Over time they will get better and better.

• 2 months ago

I would wear them for 2 hours at a time every few days until they’re broken in.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.