Eric asked in Social ScienceSociology · 5 months ago

Is the climate in Miami similar to the climate in Los Angeles, and what are the differences between the two places in the different seasons?

• Dirac
    Favorite Answer

They are quite different, because Miami is on the east coast and Los Angeles is on the west coast. Because the Earth rotates in the direction it does, the east and west coast climates are influenced in different ways by the land and ocean. Both places stay above freezing year round and snow is a rare thing in either metropolitan area, although there are tall mountains around Los Angeles so snow falls on those every winter--there are even ski resorts. It rains about 4 times as much in Miami as it does in Los Angeles. In Miami the rainfall is concentrated in the warm season, while in LA it is in the cool season. It is generally more humid in Miami, because the ocean is about 12-15 degree Fahrenheit warmer. In the fall Los Angeles can have strong hot, dry winds from Santa Anas, while Miami is subject to tropical storms and hurricanes.

IRRELEVANT ASIDE (like Horse's answer): I took a look at how "freedom" is ranked in the survey that Horse talked about. Apparently if a state lets you have an assault weapon and a silencer for your gun they're ranked higher for freedom, but they don't even consider whether young people can get birth control or whether women had access to abortion, but they do credit states if they allow cousins to marry or if they let you smoke in restaurants.

• Dirac

In other words, they only talk about freedom for those things that conservatives care about, it it's something that conservatives want to restrict they'll just leave it out of the survey.

• JimZ

I've spent a good deal of time in both places.

In Miami you can get overheated in the shade. My nephew who lives a little north had his phone say it was 105 DegF, feels like 135 Deg F. That's hot and humid.

In California, 105 Deg F feels like 105 Deg F.

Miami was kind of annoying in some ways. Last April we were staying near Disneyland and it was very difficult to drive into neighborhoods and park and walk around. They simply wouldn't let you park because the communities were so "protected". I found that they were too controlled. They have much better income tax but they tax you on the road whereever you go. If you take the wrong turn, you might end up paying 10 dollars in tolls.

California has much more pleasant weather. Their taxes are sickening. I pay more in taxes than I used to live on. It is a lot to pay for pleasant weather but my wife probably won't move so I'm afraid to see what the idiots in Sacramento are planning next.

In Miami, our tour guide (a Cuban) said that Miami has some of the most beautiful bitches in the world. He's Cuban so he pronounces beaches as if the ea is an i. My wife still laughs about that. I think California bitches are the cutest beaches in the world (well if you don't count the black beaches in Hawaii). It is probably a good thing they don't have black beaches in Miami, but I digress

California consistently ranks 48-49 in the ongoing study called Freedom in the 50 States. Cali has great climate, agriculture, girls and a couple of other things, but the government is even more overbearing that other states.

• Lv 4

Source:
      https://www.freedominthe50states.org/overall/california

• zeno

It's more humid and has more Mosquitos and

More hurricanes and more crocodiles and more

Snakes and more panthers and more sharks

And more sink holes and less earth quakes

And less fascists and less communists and

No income tax. It's dangerous like California

And better economically due to more conservative economic policies. So if your a socialist

Just stay in California.

• Dirac

LOL, California has a booming economy, if it were a country it would rank about 5th in the world. The economy is way better in California than it is in Florida. It is the center of capitalism in the U.S.