jorge asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 8 months ago

Will I be able to wear my own running shoes at army basic training? Will I be able to wear a watch at basic ?

I understand that they started issuing running shoes for new recruits at basic training, does that mean that I am not allowed to use the ones that I take with me ? Can I use my watch (gshock) at basic ?

Are running shoes on your packing list??  You wear what they issue you.  Don't know about your watch.  But if it's very expensive, I'd leave it @ home.  And take a cheap Timex instead.  

Back in the day, we ran in our combat boots.  So I guess running shoes are an improvement.  

I understand that they started issuing running shoes for new recruits at basic training

Started? They were issuing EVERYTHING you wore during basic decades before you were born. If you are permitted to take ANYTHING of your own, that started in the lase 25 years.

The watch must meet regulations........Black or Metal....normal colors. (Gold or silver. )

Nothing flashy or weird colors.

Shoes......absolutely not. You will wear what's issued you so you match every other recruit.

• Bill-M

Watch = Yes.   Shoes =   No (maybe).