My question is about the military leave/pass system.?

Based on my research, I gather that the leave and the pass are similar but diffent in that the former is granted for some specific types (i.e. such as a sick leave) whereas the latter is granted by the commander if a servicemember does something extraordinary. Is this correct? Another question is, the leave and... show more Based on my research, I gather that the leave and the pass are similar but diffent in that the former is granted for some specific types (i.e. such as a sick leave) whereas the latter is granted by the commander if a servicemember does something extraordinary. Is this correct?

Another question is, the leave and pass can be given on a daily basis (i.e. for a day or longer). Related to this, it seems that when soldiers are allowed to take just hours off, not a day or longer, it is processed through a form called 'Leave Pass' which I attached to this question.

I wonder if there is a seperate name - preferably an official one - for time off granted for less than a day.

Thank you from S. Korea.